Episode #72 – Voices in Advocacy with Roger Rickard
We take a deep dive into the topic of advocacy with advocacy expert, Roger Rickard, Founder and President of a company called Voices in Advocacy.
He has had a life-long passion of working with organizations who want to inspire, educate, engage, and activate their teams to become even better influential advocates.
Roger Rickard is clearly a leading expert in the Advocacy space. Listen as he shares:
- How at an early age, he found his passion for government affairs and political science. Then learned the importance of “we can agree to disagree without being disagreeable”.
- What advocacy really is.
- How an advocate and an activist can be similar but yet different.
- The difference between an advocate and a lobbyist.
- Seven habits of a highly effective advocate.
- How he at the age of 18, ran for political office against an incumbent who had the position for 22 years.
- The biggest mistake advocates make.
- Why some people don’t get involved.
- Why leaders who aren’t involved in issues, need to get involved
Founder and President of Voices in Advocacy.
Ricardo Gonzalez – Author of The 6 Stages of Cultural Mastery.
Noelle Stanley and Chrissy Barth offer reasonable and practical tips on staying healthy throughout the Holidays.
If you believe an important role of a leader is to develop other leaders, you’ll want to listen to this episode.
Jim Davis, President and CEO of Barrons Enterprises, Inc. talks leadership with host Randy Goruk.
Kirk Grundahl, Executive Director of SBCA and the President of Qualtim, Inc., talks leadership with host Randy Goruk.
Hardy Wentzel, CEO of Structurlam Mass Timber Corporation talks leadership with host Randy Goruk.
Ron Schumacher, CEO of Arrow Building Center, talks leadership with host Randy Goruk.
John Smith offers ten practical pieces of advice to shape your leadership career.