In this episode of The Leadership and Learning Podcast, host Randy Goruk, has a conversation with guest Dr. Mittie Cannon about her passion for the construction industry and how she is making a difference in the lives of women and the construction industry. It starts with educating and inspiring females to have a career in construction.
In this episode you will learn:
- The one important leadership characteristic that steered young Mittie, headed to medical school, away to have a life-long passion for making a difference in the construction industry.
- How Mittie’s organization, PowerUpLoud.org, is making a difference by bringing mothers and daughters together to become engaged and educated about exploring and discovering construction careers.
- How she is making a difference in schools today by educating kids of all ages about the construction industry.
- The advice she shares with women interested in joining the construction industry.
- The lessons she shares from her career in the construction industry.
- The tools she is working on today to help companies measure their productivity.
- How you can help her make a difference.
Dr. Mittie Cannon
Founder / Executive Director of Power Up, Inc.