We take a deep dive into the topic of advocacy with advocacy expert, Roger Rickard, Founder and President of a company called Voices in Advocacy.
He has had a life-long passion of working with organizations who want to inspire, educate, engage, and activate their teams to become even better influential advocates.
Roger Rickard is clearly a leading expert in the Advocacy space. Listen as he shares:
- How at an early age, he found his passion for government affairs and political science. Then learned the importance of “we can agree to disagree without being disagreeable”.
- What advocacy really is.
- How an advocate and an activist can be similar but yet different.
- The difference between an advocate and a lobbyist.
- Seven habits of a highly effective advocate.
- How he at the age of 18, ran for political office against an incumbent who had the position for 22 years.
- The biggest mistake advocates make.
- Why some people don’t get involved.
- Why leaders who aren’t involved in issues, need to get involved
Founder and President of Voices in Advocacy.