Episode #22 – Brad Southern – CEO LP Building Solutions
In this episode of The Leadership and Learning Podcast, host Randy Goruk has a conversation with Brad Southern, CEO LP Building Solutions. They discuss career advice for leaders, developing and implementing strategy, the importance of innovation and managing change.
You’ll also learn:
- What it takes to prepare to become the CEO of a multi-billion-dollar company.
- The importance of broadening your experience that takes you out of your comfort zone.
- The importance of delegating responsibility and holding people accountable for achieving goals.
- Empowerment is more effective than telling people how to do something.
- The bias for action and the impact of the ripple effect.
- Learning to be confident around your judgement and experiences is a key leadership development trait.
- Leadership can set a pace around decision making and action that can turn a team into a high-performance team.
- The value of having a disciplined, rigorous and quantitative strategic planning process.
- How to transition areas of ‘value destruction’ to ‘opportunities for value creation’.
- What to do to address the challenges that come with change.
- Communication must be transparent, forthright and interesting.
- How aligning the reward system with strategy implementation can help overcome change resistance.
- Change for the sake of change doesn’t make sense, however constantly looking for ways to improve is important to long term success (and survival).
- Forget vendor, think true business partner.
- Why the need for innovation in the industry is so high today.
- Tips for emerging leaders to achieve leadership success.
You will take home plenty of helpful nuggets … including; “An accelerator to developing good leadership skills is when you are managing in uncomfortable situations or when in areas where you’re not the expert.”
CEO LP Building Solutions
Enjoy this episode as Michael does a great job representing the ‘Leaders of the Future.’
Host Randy Goruk has a conversation with security expert Robert Siciliano about how to safeguard your identity, data and money from cyber crooks.
Episode #17 Succession Planning Pitfalls to Avoid Podcast
Ms. Marla Harr, provides you the solutions to these situations and to many other communication challenges faced by business leaders.
Ricardo Gonzalez – Author of The 6 Stages of Cultural Mastery.
Noelle Stanley and Chrissy Barth offer reasonable and practical tips on staying healthy throughout the Holidays.
If you believe an important role of a leader is to develop other leaders, you’ll want to listen to this episode.
Jim Davis, President and CEO of Barrons Enterprises, Inc. talks leadership with host Randy Goruk.
Kirk Grundahl, Executive Director of SBCA and the President of Qualtim, Inc., talks leadership with host Randy Goruk.
Hardy Wentzel, CEO of Structurlam Mass Timber Corporation talks leadership with host Randy Goruk.
Ron Schumacher, CEO of Arrow Building Center, talks leadership with host Randy Goruk.
John Smith offers ten practical pieces of advice to shape your leadership career.