Professional Engineers are Problem Solvers
In this episode of The Leadership and Learning Podcast, host Randy Goruk visits with long-time friend and professional engineer, Gary Schweizer – Director of Engineering at Weyerhaeuser. The conversation focus is on providing leadership as one navigates through the complexity of addressing various degrees of field problems.
Listen to this episode and learn:
- The importance of continuing education.
- The one thing that defines the engineering profession.
- Why good forensics are important in conflict resolution.
- The best way to analyze a situation where a customer is unsatisfied.
- The three buckets to consider when there is a field issue.
- Preparing the team to handle field issues.
- The value of learning from and sharing mistakes.
- Why listening and observing are valuable skills to develop.
- When a field issue becomes a field problem.
- Common issues causing field problems.
- Knowing the difference between being an expert and having an awareness.
- Having the right tools to help identify solutions to field problems.
- The importance of preparing for possible litigation.
- Gary’s top 3 – pieces of advice for any leader.
Director of Engineering at Weyerhaeuser
This thought-provoking topic may just change the way you compete.
They discuss career advice for leaders, developing and implementing strategy, and the importance of innovation and managing change.
Enjoy this episode as Michael does a great job representing the ‘Leaders of the Future.’
Host Randy Goruk has a conversation with security expert Robert Siciliano about how to safeguard your identity, data and money from cyber crooks.
Episode #17 Succession Planning Pitfalls to Avoid Podcast
Ms. Marla Harr, provides you the solutions to these situations and to many other communication challenges faced by business leaders.
Ricardo Gonzalez – Author of The 6 Stages of Cultural Mastery.
Noelle Stanley and Chrissy Barth offer reasonable and practical tips on staying healthy throughout the Holidays.
If you believe an important role of a leader is to develop other leaders, you’ll want to listen to this episode.
Jim Davis, President and CEO of Barrons Enterprises, Inc. talks leadership with host Randy Goruk.
Kirk Grundahl, Executive Director of SBCA and the President of Qualtim, Inc., talks leadership with host Randy Goruk.
Hardy Wentzel, CEO of Structurlam Mass Timber Corporation talks leadership with host Randy Goruk.