Part 1 of 6
After launching my eBook – How to Sell More in a Down Market – The Leadership Secrets to Dynamite Sales Results, and doing a number of related workshops, I’ve realized how difficult it is for many sales professionals to change to the changing environment.
Hopefully these brief excerpts will help inspire and motivate you to want to change because to maximize what opportunity exists for your products, services and systems … you must embrace change.
Additionally, accepting the basic premise of How to Sell More in a Down Market is vital for success in selling more in a down market. The premise is for you to “take a leadership approach to your sales responsibilities”.
This leadership approach is straightforward and practical. It has six elements.
1. Accept full accountability for your results
2. Adopt leadership attributes for success
3. Become inspired and motivated
4. Become a personal productivity champion
5. Learn to plan like a leader
6. Take responsibility in further developing your leadership and sales professional skills
Although a number of leadership elements comprise an exceptional leader, How to Sell More in a Down Market focuses on each of the elements of leadership mentioned above to help you improve your sales results.
From the Accepting Accountability Section
Sales volumes are at record lows; you’ve never sold so little, and your commission checks have never been so small. You need to sell more, and you need to make more money … and you need it now!
Is it possible that:
• Previous good markets turned you into an order taker, and you forgot how to sell?
• You’ve worked your trap line for years, and it’s finally dried up?
• You’ve convinced yourself that there is no business to get?
• You just aren’t trying anything new to get new business?
• Your selling skills are a little rusty?
• You are talking too much and not listening for opportunities?
• You just don’t know what to do about it?
If you are not selling as much as you’d like or if you’re not making as much as you’d like, don’t blame it on the markets, competition or others. It’s time to forget the excuses and begin to accept accountability for any shortfall in sales volume or your paycheck.
Leaders are always accountable for results. If you are going to manage your sales responsibility as if it is your own business, you need to accept full accountability for the results.
To learn more about How to Sell more in a Down Market, or to read a section – Click Here
To learn more about our Sell More in a Down Market Workshop – contact me directly – email@example.com