Part 3 of 6
After launching my eBook – How to Sell More in a Down Market – The Leadership Secrets to Dynamite Sales Results, and doing a number of related workshops, I’ve realized how difficult it is for many sales professionals to change to the changing environment.
Hopefully these brief excerpts will help inspire and motivate you to want to change because to maximize what opportunity exists for your products, services and systems … you must embrace change.
Additionally, accepting the basic premise of How to Sell More in a Down Market is vital for success in selling more in a down market. The premise is for you to “take a leadership approach to your sales responsibilities”.
This leadership approach is straightforward and practical. It has six elements.
1. Accept full accountability for your results
2. Adopt leadership attributes for success
3. Become inspired and motivated
4. Become a personal productivity champion
5. Learn to plan like a leader
6. Take responsibility in further developing your leadership and sales professional skills
Although a number of leadership elements comprise an exceptional leader, How to Sell More in a Down Market focuses on each of the elements of leadership mentioned above to help you improve your sales results.
From the Get and Stay Motivated Section
Self motivation is an important ingredient to the successful sales professional regardless of the current market place. When the market is down, it is even more critical to create a self-motivating environment.
If you still are having a difficult time finding passion in the down market, here are a few suggestions for you to consider:
• Stop listening to the depressing news on talk radio and the 24-hour television news channels.
• Create a list of things that make you happy, and keep a copy with you wherever you go.
• Keep a photo of something that makes you smile near your side.
• Before you get in your car in the morning, walk around the yard and smell the roses.
• Find a mentor—someone you can talk to who will keep you on a positive track.
• Don’t hang around people who aren’t fun and exciting to be around. Find upbeat, positive, forward-looking people with whom to surround yourself.
• Find your favorite motivational quotes, write them on index cards, and keep them with you to read anytime you feel a need.
• Turn on some music, and dance like no one is watching!
• Phone someone you haven’t talked to for a long time, and make them smile. I guarantee you’ll feel good about it too.
• Write down what you’re thankful for.
• Make one more sales call; don’t give up; think positive!
• Get some exercise to clear the mind and rejuvenate.
To learn more about How to Sell more in a Down Market, or to read a section – Click Here
To learn more about our Sell More in a Down Market Workshop – contact me directly – firstname.lastname@example.org