As you start fresh in the second quarter of this year, here’s a concept to ponder: Opportunities.
It’s true. Plenty of opportunities to explore and benefit from come our way, but we don’t often take time to think about them. Heads down, we’re so wrapped up in what’s in front of us, we don’t look to the future or learn from the past.
During the next week, schedule three 30-minute blocks of time to reflect on the opportunities you could and should take action on.
To begin, ask these questions:
- What was the single biggest opportunity I missed in the first half of the year? What actions will I take to ensure I don’t miss future possibilities like it?
- What are three opportunities that, if pursued, could grow our business over the next 18 months? What actions could we take to capture them?
- Where is the best opportunity to take market share from our competitors? What actions could we take to maximize this high-priority opportunity?
Also think about opportunities by category:
- Product development – refinements and new products
- Professional development – yours and your team’s
- Employee engagement
- Customer experience
This list can go on indefinitely. Simply think “opportunities” and don’t let them slide away. Create a plan and take action.