Welcome to the last quarter of 2022.
Now is the perfect time to plan for your team’s success for the remaining months of 2022 while positioning for 2023 success.
Reflect on the first three quarters of the year, then plan for 2023 by asking “great questions.”
“Great questions” are those that make you think, get engaged in problem-solving, and lead you to action. So, gather your team and get to work!
There’s no limit to the questions you might ask. However, focus on the areas that have the greatest impact on your goals for the year. Start with this one:
If we had the chance to repeat the past 9 months, what 3 things would we have done differently to _____________________?
Fill in the blank with what’s most important to you. As an example:
- Realize better financial results.
- Improve our team’s effectiveness.
- Provide stronger customer value.
- Achieve better balance between work and home.
- Improve relationships with __________________.
Once you know the answer to this question, then ask, What is the one action we can take now that will make a difference going forward?
Other “great questions” you can ask:
- Who is the weakest link on our team, and what should we do about strengthening that link?
- What was the single most important opportunity we missed, and how can we capture it now?
- In a year from now, where do we want to be with ____________, and what are 3 actions we need to take to get there?
What additional “great questions” can you come up with?
Take this exercise seriously and watch your second-half success flourish.