With all the negative things around us right now—
- Russia’s attack on the Ukraine
- Debacle at the southern U.S. border
- Recent natural disasters affecting so many lives
- Supply chain challenges at times impacting our lives
- Abundance of political leaders in trouble with the law
- Cyber-crime and a risk of being a phishing victim every day
- Workforce shortage challenges causing many to feel overworked and unhappy
- And all those things we have no control over …
It’s a good idea to focus our energies on making ourselves and others happier.
Abraham Lincoln once said, “Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” Well then, let’s make up our minds to increase our happiness.
Intentionally generate positive energy by making yourself and those around you happy.
I’m not saying everyone is unhappy, but it never hurts to become happier. In the words of Mark Twain, “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.”
What will you do today to cheer yourself up?
In case I ever needed it, I saved an article that offers these scientifically proven ways to make yourself and others happier:
- Exercise more – seven minutes might be enough
- Spend time with friends and family – don’t regret it on your deathbed
- Help others – 100 hours a year is the magical number
- Practice gratitude – increase both happiness and life satisfaction
- Meditate – rewire your brain for happiness
There are 5 additional ways noted in this article that you can read here. I hope it helps you or someone you know be happier.