In this episode of the Leadership and Learning Podcast, host Randy Goruk visits with Joseph O’Connor to have a conversation on Emotional Intelligence. Joseph is an author of nineteen books, including the most recent book, Coaching the Brain, co-founder of the International Coaching Community (ICC), which boasts over 15,000 members worldwide and founder of the Neuroscience Coaching Centre.
Listen as they discuss:
- What emotional intelligence is and how it can help us become more effective leaders.
- Techniques for elevating emotional intelligence self-awareness.
- Why some are able to manage own emotions but not able to manage emotions of others.
- The difference between feelings and meanings.
- What the refractory period is all about and why it is important.
- How to elevate your emotional intelligence self-awareness.
- The value of meditation.
- When people feel confrontation they will fight, flee or freeze.
- A drawback to mental rehearsal.
- How emotional intelligence can help leaders retain top talent.
- The questions to ask potential leadership candidates to determine their emotional intelligence.
- Advice for leaders who struggle with decision making.
- Advice for leaders who struggle with change.
- Suggestions to elevate emotional intelligence.
Leaders with emotional intelligence are more effective leaders.
Author and founder of the Neuroscience Coaching Centre