In this episode of The Leadership and Learning Podcast, host Randy Goruk and his guest, Bill Goodspeed, explore family businesses and leadership. Bill is a former President of Huber Engineered Wood Products and is now active on the Boards of multiple family businesses.
In this episode you will learn:
- Not to mimic someone else’s leadership style and the importance of getting results by being who you are as a leader.
- The simple thing leaders can do to harness the energy of the organization.
- The top 3 – mistakes family businesses typically make.
- The special sauce recipe for long-term family business success.
- The most important attributes, characteristics, or qualities a leader must possess to get the most out of their organization.
- The mistakes organizations typically make when they hire for a senior leadership position.
- The mistakes senior leaders typically make when they take over the top spot.
- The biggest complaints most employees have about company senior leadership.
- 3 – pieces of leadership advice for someone who just landed their first management position.
Family Business Expert