Jim Arthurs has had an interesting 40 – year leadership journey. He’s worn many different hats working with many great companies such as IBM, Integrated Paving Concepts, The Jim Pattison Group, MacMillan Bloedel, Trus Joist, Weyerhaeuser and many others.
Today, he’s on the board of directors of Western Forest products, an Executive Vice President of Westport Fuel Systems and Chairman at Lonetree Kitchens of Vancouver.
In this episode of The Leadership and Learning Podcast, Jim, a former colleague of host Randy Goruk, shares leadership lessons he’s learned from past leaders he’s worked with and he candidly shares his leadership experiences and advice for leadership success.
Listen to this podcast and you’ll learn his views on:
- The importance of family.
- What matters the most in business.
- One simple trick for improving productivity.
- The value of making everyone on the team feel important.
- The two habits every leader should develop.
- The two most important questions to ask.
- The importance of taking the time to think.
You’ll also learn why you’ll be a better leader when you love what you’re doing and how time is a luxury you cannot afford to waste.
Jim Arthurs is down to earth with great stories and sound advice.
Western Forest Products – Board Member