‘Becoming a Jobsite Leader in the Construction Industry’
A Leadership Development Seminar for Foremen, Supervisors and Superintendents.
When the Associated Builders and Contractors – Wisconsin Chapter selected us to create and present a one – day leadership development seminar for foremen, supervisors and superintendents for their membership we were thrilled.
The session sold out very quickly, with plenty of overflow to add a second session. We worked with 132 participants.
Led by Randy Goruk, attendees developed their leadership skills through learning practical strategies, techniques, and tips that will help them maximize profitability of the projects they run and will position them for a great career in the construction industry. During the full day workshop session, they worked with a customized workbook to enhance the learning experience.
The seminar evaluations recorded an exceedingly high approval rating for content and presentation.
When asked to name one thing they would do as a result of the training, here’s what some of the attendees said:
- Work on my leadership with different employees
- Try to inspire everyone – I can
- Share information
- Treat people under me better
- Utilize communication skills and follow up with web. Info
- Work harder to be a better leader and develop my crew
- Work on effective communication at work
- Work on myself
- Apply it to everyday work
- I will try to implement some of this stuff @ work and everyday life
- Work on time wasters
- Use the skills on men with reinforcement
- Hold people accountable
- Evaluate my day & how I spend my time
- Become a better thinker
- Use skills needed to get more production out of workers
- How I talk with crew
- Develop specific goals and plans to achieve them
- Take what I learned today to better myself in the field
- Keep an open mind
- Ask great questions
- Self-evaluation of my skillset, so I can be a better leader and share knowledge
- Plan and delegate better
- Find goals for the team
- Be a better leader
- Try to engage peers better
- Take more time for me and family
- Materials from book, pass it on
- Re-read through the materials again
- Look at myself as a leader
- Take time to think
- Inspire my crew
- Think before I speak and make it simple
- Long-term planning and communication
A month after the seminar, there is a 90 – minute web-based ‘follow up group coaching session’ where participants will receive live coaching on the ‘take-home’ exercises contained within their customized workbook.
If you want to experience the Real Experience and Real Results of LeadersEdge360,
contact us now to learn how we can help elevate your teams performance.