It seems there isn’t as much laughing in the world as there once was.
When was the last time you had a good laugh? How about the time before that . . . and the time before that?
If you are searching too long for those recent laughs, then you definitely need to laugh more.
Maybe it’s the seriousness of the pandemic or a reluctance to not offend, so we stay conservative in what we say. But how can we laugh more—in healthy ways?
After all, laughter is regarded as the best medicine. Among other things, it is touted to reduce stress, increase blood flow, Improve memory and creativity. (Read about the benefits of laughter here.)
We have stress and tension going on week after week—stress that could kill us. So, let’s laugh more. I don’t mean smile or chuckle or feel happy. I mean belly laughing out loud. It’s health-giving.
Consciously discover what makes you laugh, then find ways to make others laugh, too. It’s healthy.
These suggestions will get you started:
• Read something funny – 300 funny quotes to make you laugh out loud.
• Watch a funny movie or video – George Carlin comparing football and baseball.
• Make a funny video yourself – attempt to go viral with it.
• Tell funny jokes or make up a few of your own.
• Exchange respectful stories about funny experiences.
Get laughing while remembering to always respect others.