“There isn’t a person anywhere who isn’t capable of doing more than he thinks he can.”
RG NOTE: I’m fairly sure that Mr. Ford meant for this to apply to all genders.
I agree with the statement fully … but unfortunately I know there are many people who don’t buy in.
They have self-limiting beliefs that restrict them from doing more than they’re truly capable of.
One of our important jobs as leaders is to inspire others to grow … to achieve more … to be more.
My leadership tip for you this week is to encourage you to seek out someone in your organization, or someone you know who has a self-limiting belief and help them overcome it.
There are many ways to do this … but it takes effort … and it takes time.
The time and your effort is well worth the investment. Here are few suggestions to get you started:
* Share your personal ‘overcoming obstacles’ success stories.
* Identify the individuals small ‘wins’ provide positive reinforcement and encourage more.
* Identify and share inspiring videos, books and articles.
* Help them set SMART goals and help guide them to success.
* Disprove the self-limiting beliefs by identifying ‘examples’ of success.
Key to success is to ensure all of the above are 100% relatable to the person you’re helping.
This is real important work for leaders … you’re the leader … please go inspire someone.