Part 5 of 6
After launching my eBook – How to Sell More in a Down Market – The Leadership Secrets to Dynamite Sales Results, and doing a number of related workshops, I’ve realized how difficult it is for many sales professionals to change to the changing environment.
Hopefully these brief excerpts will help inspire and motivate you to want to change because to maximize what opportunity exists for your products, services and systems … you must embrace change.
Additionally, accepting the basic premise of How to Sell More in a Down Market is vital for success in selling more in a down market. The premise is for you to “take a leadership approach to your sales responsibilities”.
This leadership approach is straightforward and practical. It has six elements.
1. Accept full accountability for your results
2. Adopt leadership attributes for success
3. Become inspired and motivated
4. Become a personal productivity champion
5. Learn to plan like a leader
6. Take responsibility in further developing your leadership and sales professional skills
Although a number of leadership elements comprise an exceptional leader, How to Sell More in a Down Market focuses on each of the elements of leadership mentioned above to help you improve your sales results.
From the Self Development Section
For some reason, many companies elect to slow down, minimize or entirely eliminate the expense associated with training and developing their people when there is a down market.
Most sales professionals don’t typically set time aside for self development. They’re usually too busy looking after customers or solving problems. You may have an individual development plan, but is it really aggressive enough to help you sell more in a down market?
Although there is this wealth of knowledge available to you online, there is also a wealth of knowledge available to you within your own company.
• Start with product knowledge. When was the last time you went through your company’s manufacturing plant to get a detailed understanding of how the products you are selling are made?
• If there was a product knowledge test today, would you pass? Maybe you passed years ago, but would you pass today?
• Do you have a mentor within your company? You should because there is a wealth of knowledge and experience from which to benefit.
• Ask your boss or mentor to role play a realistic scenario of your choice. Upon completion, review with him/her. Question and ask feedback on your strengths and weaknesses throughout the situation.
• Re-vamp your value proposition statement delivery.
• Create a series of elevator speeches to answer basic questions like:
1. What you do for your company.
2. Why someone should buy from you.
To learn more about How to Sell more in a Down Market, or to read a section – Click Here
To learn more about our Sell More in a Down Market Workshop – contact me directly – email@example.com