At times, we get so busy that we just don’t think. When we stop thinking, we forget about costly “blind spots” that go unnoticed. Being costly can show up as a slow drip or a “bam,” indicating something major we didn’t see coming.
Pay attention to where your blind spots might be.
To find them, ask these important questions:
- Do you lead with double standards?
- Do you forget to “walk your talk”?
- Are you as productive as you think you are?
- Do you actually have all of your costs under control?
- Do you think your business is making as much money as it can?
- Do you believe your company is getting as much market share as possible?
- Could someone be sabotaging your career or company and you don’t know it?
Stop and think about your blind spots often and know where they might be lurking.