Where does the time go?
The first 3 – quarters have disappeared and Q4 is soon to follow.
You know with all that’s going on between now and the end of the year, there is a chance any personal leadership development opportunities will disappear as well. Let’s not let that happen.
My leadership tip for you this week is have you commit to developing a better understanding of any issue important to you that you haven’t quite got to yet.
Some examples could be, understanding:
- Generation gaps and how to close them.
- Your true market share position and how to improve upon it.
- Employee engagement and how to capture more of it.
- The most effective way to increase internal communication.
- Succession planning and how to create one that works for you.
- Internal process that needs to become more air-tight and how to make it happen.
… or whatever is important to you.
To do this, commit at least 1 – hour per week for the next 13 weeks to develop a better understanding on any one or more issues.
Then figure out the best way to spend that time. Read, webinars, seminars, coach, mentor, audio or video programs, online courses … anything that works for you.
Then keep your commitment to yourself by remembering the John F Kennedy quote I’ve shared many times before; ‘Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.’
There is still time to learn something new.