Opportunities missed like profitability and growth … which can lead to a very expensive ‘Spring Break’.
My leadership tip for you this week is get some rest and relaxation this spring (you deserve it), but continue to be aggressive in seeking creative and innovative approaches to the way you do your business. Don’t let creativity take a ‘Spring Break.’
Let’s not forget why we love creativity:
- Creativity drives new products.
- Creativity brings us new processes.
- Creativity improves quality.
- Creativity stimulates great thinking.
- Creativity promotes teamwork.
- Creativity solves problems.
- Creativity can save us time.
- Creativity can make us more money.
- Creativity makes a great work environment.
- Creativity can be fun.
With all of these positive things going on, why would you want to give creativity a ‘Spring Break’?
As you are laying by the beach or the pool, think of implementing one or more of these action items to help keep creativity visible throughout the year:
- Create a short term contest or incentive.
- Share a relevant article, blog or book on creativity.
- Share examples of recent creative activities in the marketplace.
- Seek out and recognize someone for their creative solution / approach.
- Demonstrate leadership by doing something creative yourself.
Or as Albert Einstein once said, “Creativity is contagious, pass it on.”