Great questions’ are the kind of questions that make you think, then lead you to take action. Find a quiet place, a blank pad of paper and get to work.
Here is a ‘great question’ to get you reflecting, thinking and planning for a fantastic second half of the year. Ask yourself: If I had the chance to do the last six months over, what 3 – things would I have done differently to _____________________? Fill in the blank with whatever is important to you. As an example:
- Achieve better financial results.
- Achieve better balance between work and home.
- Improve our team effectiveness.
- Improve relationships with ___________ .
- Provide greater customer value.
There is no end to what you can reflect on, but focus on the areas that have the greatest impact on your goals for the year. Once you know the answer to the above question, then ask yourself; ‘what is the one action I can take now that will make a difference going forward?’ Other ‘great questions’ you can ask yourself:
- Who was the weakest link on my team, and what should I do about it now?
- What was the single most important opportunity we missed, and how can we begin to capture it?
- In a year from now, where do we want to be with ____________ and what are 3 – actions we need to take to get there?
What ‘great questions’ can you come up with? Consider challenging your team by giving them a ‘reflection with great questions’ assignment. Then get them together to review the results, take action and watch the second half magic happen !