I came across the following leadership self assessment that may help you determine if you are fit to lead.
Simply answer the following questions yes or no, then determine if a leadership coach can help you improve your fitness to lead.
These questions were adapted from “The Tests of a Prince”, by Ivan Lansberg, Harvard Business Review September 2007
- Does my experience and training fit the leadership role I’m in?
- Am I in tune with gaps in my personal development?
- Have I produced meaningful results for the organization?
- Can these results be measured objectively?
- Are my expectations reasonable?
- Are my expectations achievable?
- Do I take responsibility for delivering on my responsibilities?
- Does my team need work?
- Do I enjoy a challenge?
- Have I thought about our strategy for success?
- Do we have the resources we need to succeed?
- Am I willing to put in extra effort to be successful?
- Is my team motivated?
- Am I aware of what my rivals say and do to undermine me?
- Is my message clear to everyone?
- Am I described as fair?
- Do I place integrity and the organization’s interest above everything else?
Leadership development is an ongoing process … these and other questions can help you assess where you are relative to your development. Additionally, a leadership 360 assessment can shed a tremendous amount of light on your leadership fitness – as viewed by others.
As your personal leadership coach, I can help you accelerate your leadership growth and development.