After game 7 of this year’s World Series, I pulled the leadership tip I had prepared, then while traveling between North Carolina, Alabama and Georgia, I created the one below. I hope you find waiting the extra day was worth it.
Whether you follow baseball or not, it’s difficult to ignore the World Series. It’s the best of 7 – game championship for Major League Baseball.
This year’s World Series between Cleveland and Chicago was special in many ways and offered many useful leadership lessons and tips. Here are my top 10 leadership tips on how champions win.
- Never think you’ve made it.
- Stay focused on your goals and never give up.
- Have confidence in yourself and your team mates.
- Coach for success.
- Effective communication.
- Demonstrate mental toughness.
- It takes a team of talented people.
- Support those who need it.
- Positivity beats negativity.
- Respect your competition.
I can elaborate on each of these but in the spirit of my leadership tips, I want to keep this brief.
These by no-means guarantee you will be a champion. However, without them you are pretty much guaranteed not to be.