“Many people fail in life, not for lack of ability or brains or even courage, but simply because they have never organized their energies around a goal.”
The month of August begins with only five months remaining to achieve your 2018 goals. As a leadership coach who holds people accountable for their performance, I have two questions for you:
Are you likely or unlikely to achieve your 2018 business goal(s)?
Are you likely or unlikely to achieve your 2018 personal goal(s)?
If you answered “likely” to either question, congratulations. Stay focused, and you probably will succeed.
If you answered “unlikely” to either question, your follow-up queries might be:
What are the main reasons you are likely to fall short of achieving your goal(s)?
What will you do to address those reasons?
Evaluate and re-set your business and personal short-term goals, then organize your energies around achieving them.
“Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.“ – Pablo Picasso
Here are ways to help you successfully achieve your goals based on planning, belief, and action:
- As you plan your days, allocate at least 80 percent of your time to achieving your goals.
- Be certain your goals are realistic and attainable through a reasonable amount of effort.
- Affirm your belief by communicating your goals to those who can help you reach them.
- Ask people you trust for actionable suggestions that will advance achieving your goals.
- Anticipate any obstacles to achieving your goals, then take action to remove those obstacles.
Regardless of where you are in your career, aggressively setting and achieving goals will position you for greatness . . . both in business and in life.