As you know, a great number of college students will be graduating this month and many will be joining the ranks of full-time employment. Some with your company, some with your suppliers / vendors, some with your customers and some with your competitors.
Let’s help them be successful.
My leadership tip for you this week, is to select a graduate (or two) and assist them in accelerating their professional growth and development.
The reason you would do this is because exceptional leaders make more leaders resulting in a better world which we all benefit from.
A few suggestions:
- Go out of your way to make them feel welcome.
- Where appropriate, share your experiences on how you got to where you are.
- Offer them encouragement and an open invitation to pick your brain.
- Look at this as an opportunity to mentor someone into a future super star.
- Give them with a challenge or a goal to strive for – check in on their progress.
What will you do to influence and enhance the careers and lives of those joining the workforce?
Start with showing an interest then make it memorable.