Thanksgiving is a time to reflect and give thanks.
Exceptional leaders however, reflect and give thanks every day.
In the words of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy; “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.”
Although I may not always show it, I am grateful for:
- The opportunities our clients provide us to work with them.
- The many lessons I’ve learned from so many other people.
- The live-long friendships I have with many past and current business associates.
- The values instilled in me by my late parents.
- The support and sacrifice of my family to let me do what I love to do.
My leadership tip for you this week is to always be mindful of JFK’s words and recognize the opportunities to routinely demonstrate genuine heartfelt gratitude at home, and at work.
The most impactful leaders do.